Wednesday, May 25, 2011

All Sorts Of Inspired :)

Yesterday I went on a field trip with my sons third grade class. We took a boat into the San Diego Harbor and learned all kinds of cool information about our ocean and the creatures that live in it! The kids got to throw a net into the ocean and actually pulled up a lobster, a sea star (don't dare call them starfish), a sting ray, a bat ray, a bass fish, an octopus, some crabs and sea sponges.

I couldn't believe how many creatures they brought up....I mean an octopus? Really? He (or she) was REALLY cool!

I sure hope my children don't take for granted where they live. It is SO inspiring!

So with that I present my Sea Star ring!

Adjustable with a shield form. I gave the background a texture not unlike the sandy beaches of San Diego, a shiny beveled edge all around and a nice rich oxidization to bring out all the textures.

No comments: